Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not much rambling today

It is cold, rainy, windy outside. Snowed overnight. My days of walking outside are starting to shrink (I wish I was!) and it is time to dig out the Leslie Sansone DVD's and my new Wii console.

I am a creature of habit. Since I have been laid off (almost a year...still can't believe it has been that long) I have dutifully gotten up early, put on my sneakers and walked five miles a day. It grounded me and gave me the opportunity to listen to some wonderful podcasts and fabulous non-fiction books (love, love, love Malcolm Gladwell!). Now, I have to find a new morning routine that will motivate me for the rest of the day. I have climbed back on the ellipitical machine and actually got down on the floor and did some exercises! Change is good, right?

The bigger issue I am struggling with right now is trying to find my motivation - for all things - again. I need to find a job in the new year, lose weight and help to restore financial stability to our household. I feel like I have been trying so hard to do all all three things all year long - with no success. Will January really bring about a dramatic change? My daughter just called and wants to visit a psychic when she comes home for the holidays...do I want to see the "future" or is it too scary to face? Will 2010 be a repeat of 2009? I know, I know change comes from within...I will try to change it up...again...and push forward for better results..

To quote Scarlett O'Hara..."Tomorrow is another day!"

2 comments:

  1. We are huge fans of Leslie Sansone- remember we all met her at B&N?! Remember it was a huge snowstorm and my mother & sister and a few other ladies were following her exercises in the mall? What agreat day! Thank you for your kind words- you are such a wonderful person! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes - I remember that day...Casey totaled her car - had to leave the store and then come back for the event after I dealt with the cops/Sate Farm etc. Leslie actually sent me a whole box of tapes to thank me - first and only time I ever received a present from an author!

    ReplyDelete