Monday, October 12, 2009

Paving my way to a new job

I have discovered that after eight months of unemployment that I am now visualizing myself in a variety of different jobs. For example, they are paving the roadway in the park where I walk. It is now full of dump trucks, paver's and all sorts of heavy equipment. As I was walking past the workers, I looked at them and what they were doing - driving, guiding equipment to the right area, etc that I thought to myself - I could do that! I could wear a hard hat, jeans and look official most of the time. Of course, I couldn't do it - I oversimplified the whole job, but it struck me kinda funny that I would even think like that. See what happens when the interviews dry up and your enthusiasm for the job hunt starts to unravel? I have also pictured myself as a school bus driver, newspaper delivery person and substitute teacher. Some aren't so far-fetched (teacher) but to actually picture myself as part of a road crew leaves me shaking me head. It is time for me to go back to work - but where and when?

No comments:

Post a Comment