Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

I was closing in on the last mile of my walk this morning when I realized the hardest part of the walk weren't the hills or the heat or the barking dogs - or even the occasional fox - but the smallest incline. I stepped off the outside road to get back on the sidewalk and had to adjust my stride to climb a very small incline. Ouch! How could I just have finished walking 4.5 miles and this baby incline delivers a shooting pain to my 54 year old hips? Go figure.

On my way back home I realized I did not have my cell phone. Somehow it had fallen out of my Ipod/waterbottle/cell phone holder. I tried not to panic and went back along the walk and tried to retrace my steps. I did stop to take a picture with my phone of a really unusual bird - so I figured that's where it had to be. No. Maybe by the car? No. I was growing increasingly mad - and frustrated. I couldn't afford to replace the phone - could I possibly live without it? When I got home I had a voice mail from my husband. Thanks to the ICE (In case of Emergency) listing in my cell phone, the kind woman who found the phone skimmed through the numbers, found the ICE listing and called my husband. Who promptly called me - chuckling - saying my phone was found! If you haven't added these 3 little letters to someone you would like to be called in case of an emergency - big or small - do so today! 

1 comment: